The European Vision Institute serves as a European Alliance for the Promotion of Vision Research and Ophthalmology for the benefit of the whole community.
Presently in Europe the notable accomplishments of Vision Research and Ophthalmology in respect to publications, clinical and basic research and patient care are sold under worth to our colleagues in other areas of the life sciences, the political decision makers and the general public. An active communication process to clarify the importance and illustrate the success stories of our research-and clinical activities in all their rich facets must foster and increase the support from the public and private sector.
The main aspect is to significantly increase the competiveness and visibility of Vision Research and Ophthalmology on a European level by the following objectives:
- Identification of Vision Science and Ophthalmology as a specific area with special needs and particular diseases with significant impact on workforce, aging and quality of life.
- Increased and sustained political awareness for Vision Science and Ophthalmology
- Promotion of funding possibilities and consulting/coordination services for members of the alliance
- Information and dissemination activities; better communication between the major stakeholders in the field
- Sustained promotion of young people
- Fostering technology transfer and innovation in Vision Science and Ophthalmology
- Develop innovative ways of private-public partnerships